Accommodation: Country Hotel Group: Namibia Country Lodges
Rates available on request
The hotel is situated on a hilltop facing northwest with breathtaking views overlooking a valley with magnificent sunsets and 360° view. Discover the culture of
Namibia’s indigenous nomadic Ovahimba people. The hotel is also within easy reach
of Kaoko Otavi, Epupa Falls & Swartboois Drift.
Road conditions are excellent between Kamanjab and Opuwo (tarmac). The last
85km to Ruacana are excellent but on gravel road.
• 21 Luxury twin rooms
• 1 Luxury Double room
• 3 sets of twin inter leading rooms (6 rooms)
• 12 Standard twin rooms
All the rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
All rooms are fitted with air conditioners.
Our hotel is not wheelchair friendly.
No Guide rooms – guides are booked in guest rooms on request at guide rates.
Camp sites: 12
with BBQ facilities, power points and communal ablution block.
Facilities & Services
- Swimming pool with deck chairs and umbrellas, bar, restaurant, curio shop and a private relaxing lounge next to the wine cellar.
Opuwo Country Hotel 1- Special prior arrangement can be made for Honeymooners, anniversaries and birthdays private dinners, snack baskets and cakes.
- 24 hrs electricity available
- Credit card facilities available: Master & Visa and most European cards.
- Gravel airstrip coordinates S18.03 E13.51. Arrange for a pickup prior to arrival.
- Check in from 12h00 noon; check out before 10h00 am.
• Himba excursion – 3 hour guided excursion to traditional Ovahimba villages to experience their culture and traditions. Our guide also act as translators and
host in the village. Capacity on excursion is minimum 2 pax and maximum 50 pax.
• Self drive excursion to Uukwaluudhi Reserve is possible in your own vehicle.
Enjoy a packed picnic lunch while exploring the reserve at leisure with the possibility of seeing Black Rhino, Hyena, Blackfaced Impala and a variety of other endemic game species.